Friday, August 17, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

No time to make things today! It's my husband's birthday, (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!) and there are things (non-sewing things) to be done! Since I have some time before I need to be out and about, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite things.

I've recently been awakened to how wasteful and materialistic people are nowadays. We want things. Things for no real reason. Sometimes the reason is because someone else has that thing, or we want to be cooler than that guy with that thing by having this thing. It's silly. My question is: How many things do you have that you actually love?


I picked a few things today that make me exceptionally happy. Little things that are special because they're the only ones. You can't say that very often anymore!


 This guy was my my first successful felt creation. I don't remember what possessed me to make a felt banana, his stitches are all big and uneven, but he's cool. He's lived on my desk for about 4 years now.


This was a gift form my sister. She hand-painted this cigar box with my favorite sea life. Most notably, the little tunneling fish at the bottom that we saw at the aquarium. We liked it so much because it looks exactly like one of our parakeets. Totally random! Now I use this box to hold my treasures, like my expansive collection of squished pennies, and my favorite picture of me and my grandparents.


Needle threader Narwhal is a newcomer to the group. I made him a couple weeks ago after being inspired by Mollie Johanson at Wildolive. http://wildolive.blogspot.de/2012/07/project-diy-needle-threader.html
Her bobbin was super cute, but why wouldn't you want a narwhal to thread your needle if given the option?!

Last is a snook necklace made from an original drawing of mine. It's probably the thing that will last the longest, she's pretty solid!

Well I just got a call that I have to leave earlier than planned! So I hope you enjoyed my doodads, and I hope you think about, and appreciate the things that YOU have that are yours alone!

---CJ

Pin It

1 comment: