Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The 22¢ Top

After a lot of TLC, the beading and stitching on this baby was finally brought back to its (almost) original glory. Taa daa! 

Though this is EXTREMELY comfortable, and I would love to lounge around the house all day (yeah right) in it, I think it deserves a better life as a glamorous shirt.

I got to chopping! I drew a line "straight" across from the top of one of the side slits to the other. Hmm.... do you see a problem here? The whole thing is super wonky.

I ended up making a few more cuts to make it symmetrical. I turned it inside out, sewed up my new sides with a straight stitch, and then a zig-zag stitch along the edge for extra security. 

I snipped the decorative hem from the amputated bottom piece, and re-attached it to my new bottom edge. After a straight stitch, a zig-zag and a nice (very careful so as not to melt the beads) pressing , I hemmed up the sleeves. 

It looks done! BUT NO! I decided the design was a bit much for the front, so I flipped it around, and cut out a new neckline. 

NEW AND IMPROVED!

Hemmed that neckline up, and then I was really done. 


       

Now that's business in the front, party in the back! By the way, I kind of hate myself for saying that as I am wholeheartedly against the existence of mullets, in hair form at least. 

I'm going to pat myself on the back for doing a wonderful job of modeling today, considering that it is about 85°F in my living room right now. Have you ever tried to put on leggings when you were already sweating? It's hard, and the ordeal causes more sweating. I must wipe my brow and carry on for the sake of fashion! ;) 


By the wayyyy... I calculated out my $5 bag of goodies, and each piece came out to a measly 22¢. This top is surely worth it! Score!

---CJ





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment