Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The "Plan D" Top

Look at me, all smug. 

This was this morning. The day was new, I was up before my son, and I had BIG plans for this $2 thrifted J.Crew men's shirt. 

Let's just say, some things happened, I got a little too ambitious, and this thing was on the fast track to being chopped down into a change purse. Luckily (?) this was not my first fail. So I had a plan. I also had a plan when that plan got scrapped... It just wasn't my (sewing) day.  

You will, perhaps, be relieved to hear that it is still a shirt. Just not the one I set out to make, and I can live with that. 



It's cute. I have made multiple others like it. (My ditch effort was to leave at least enough fabric to make this) SO all's well that ends well. I had every intention to make a tutorial, but it would have been super confusing with all of the plan changing! It's still on my list of things to do. 


...Along with being less awkward in front of the camera : P


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment