Friday, August 24, 2012

I think I'm going to DYE tee

While sifting through the piles of clothes at the $5 bag sale, I came across this awesome sequin collared J. Crew tee. It was bright out that day, I was hot, and there was some swamp gas reflecting the light from Venus, so I definitely didn't see a problem with this shirt until I got it home. 
It's very pukey, for lack of a better description. As you can see, I am so very mature. :) 


Don't get me wrong, Green is my favorite color, but this shirt is the worst possible shade of green for my skin tone. Working at a paint and decorating store, you learn that green can be unfair to your wonderful good looks sometimes, and it is NEVER a good choice in a room with a mirror. I imagine the same goes for wearing it directly under your face all day.  

After closer inspection,  I found funky bleachy stains all over the place. (sad face) 


The fundamentals of this shirt are lovely though, so it's still very much worth a small investment to save it. 


My "small investment" is this $3 box-o-dye. I picked teal because I wanted to cancel out the yellow-y-ness in the shirt, and it was one of two boxes of dye at the craft store. So, I had my mind made up for me! How convenient! 

   
So I carefully followed the directions, actively trying to keep this a mess-free experience, and as I spectacularly poured in the dye for your viewing pleasure, I splashed it all over the place. I got dye down my leg, on my fingers, and on two hand towels. They were old and dingy anyhow, so I just threw them in the dye to finish what I started. Now everything is in the dryer, so this will be a cliff hanger! Sorry to do that to you, but it's getting late anyhow, and my child seems to think I should cook him dinner. 

So.... TO BE CONTINUED!......
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment