Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Super Easy Leg Warmers

 I dug one of my favorite old sweaters out of the basement the other day... 
I put it on and realized that it has totally lost its appeal. The poor thing is just stretched out, pilling, scratchy, and out of style. I wouldn't even bother sending it to the thrift store. It's perfect for chopping up though! I would feel weird about cutting up a perfectly good sweater for leg warmers, but this things really has outlived its goodness. So, away we go! 


This is possibly the easiest thing ever. Plus, I needed a pair since my only favorite black leggings are capri length, and I hate hate hate wearing socks.


Turn sweater inside out. 
Cut off sleeves.
Cut sleeves so they are even. 

Fold the edge under, pin and sew. 

You're done! 

Now my legs are warm! Mission accomplished! 


On a side note, my MOPS craft debut went pretty well! 

 Here are some of my favorite ladies working on their bows :) I'm excited to do some more craft work with the group, and hopefully teach them some new tricks! 


--CJ 




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love your brain, you think out of the box. These changes are so good, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete