Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Monkeys and MOPS

 Amidst the madness of this weekend, I forgot that I did actually make something. I fell victim to the cute How To Sew Your Own Sock Monkey  (By Craftpassion) pin on Pinterest. 

I'm not a monkey person. Monkeys freak me out in a big way, and as far as I know (according to Hollywood) they are going to take over the world someday. Not cool, Monkeys of the world, NOT cool! 

Sock monkeys, on the other hand, are OK. Mostly because they are not real... and if they took over the world, it wouldn't be so bad. I think I could take down a sock, no problem. 

...Anyway... 

I grabbed the only socks I could find that were cute, and not currently in circulation. (Dom's old 3-6 month old socks) The tutorial is great, and I think he came out pretty cute. So definitely check that out! 


Otherwise, I've been working on a craft for our local MOPS (Moms Of Pre-Schoolers) group. I'm heading up the craft department this season, and I'm excited! Also terrified! I'm a born follower, my heart jumps into my throat when I talk in front of more than 2 people at once, and I've never been in charge of anything before! I think this will be a great experience for me, to get wayyyy out of my comfort zone, and possibly become less awkward... We'll see about that last one. 

Our first mini craft is going to be felt bow name tags. I assembled probably twice as many "bow kits" than we actually need. I have scraps and felt fuzz and pin backs coming out of my ears!  Not to mention I have a wrist cramp from pattern punching card stock. Seriously, that stuff is tough! So hopefully, I can guide our ladies in making these guys tomorrow morning.  Wish me luck! 

That's all for now!

--CJ 



Pin It

1 comment: