Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Post-Vacation Slump

HI! Yes, I've been gone for four days. Want to know where I went?! 

Amsterdam!

Actually we had a stop in Nuremberg, for the Walk Off The Earth concert. If you haven't heard of them, check them out on YouTube... DO IT NOW! Don't worry, I'll still be here when you get back. 
Awesome right!? See the only child there? The one holding the purple balloon.. yeah, that's Dom! He had a blast! 


Anyhow, back in Amsterdam... we toured... we ate cheese and drank beers...  
...Tried desperately to not get run over by cars, bikes, streetcars, car cars, mopeds, street sweepers and other people trying to avoid getting hit by aforementioned vehicles. It was overstimulating, but that also means it was totally not boring!
Nighttime made the whole trip worthwhile for me. Aside from the people watching (you can guess why the people are interesting to watch here) the lights reflected on the canals were a beautiful and soothing contrast to this crazy, bustling city. 
Even the infamous Red Light District appears, dare I say... lovely? 
So after a few straight days of either sitting in the car or walking walking walking...I really considered sleeping half the day away today. 

Then I saw that our thrift shop was having a $5 bag sale! This time it's the thrift shop that is a 5 minute walk from my front door. It was a sign! I must get up to go to the sale! I was the first one there (DIBS!) and I scored some really awesome stuff. I'm super excited, and it was just what I needed to get me out of my post vacay slump. 

I will share with you my most intriguing piece:
Anyone care to explain this to me? I'm not going to lie, I spent about 20 minutes in front of the mirror trying to figure this thing out. I'm definitely not hip enough to wear it as-is... That and my right armpit is not in need of that much personal space. The knit is really soft and comfortable though, and it drapes really nicely, so it's most definitely worth the 19¢ it cost me! Now to do some slicing and dicing....

....more to come on this tomorrow! 

--CJ 





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment