Monday, January 7, 2013

9 Things I Will Do in 2013

[Sneaks in through the window] Um, yes, I know... it's been a while. I'm pretty sure I blinked and three months vanished before my eyes. Well, it's a new year, and here's to a new beginning for my little corner of the Internet as well.

Aside from holidays and work demanding my attention for the last quarter, we have done some traveling. Most recently, London.


We brought in 2013 standing on a bridge with a couple thousand people, all very eager to trample anyone nearer to the railing than them. It was togetherness at it's finest! 
London does know how to put off a heck of a fireworks display, so it made all of the squishyness tolerable in the end :)

Now, officially back to the real world. Vacations are over, none planned until May... My life shall (hopefully) resume it's scheduled boringness. Translation:I will be crafting my happy little butt off. *cut to me slow-mo frolicking through a field of yarn balls, gleefully tossing thread scraps into the air*

Ah, yes. There are a few other things I plan on doing this year. not so much resolutions (what a dirty word) as goals, and aspirations. Here goes.


1. Make fitness a real priority. I HATE exercising h a t e it, BUT I am 26 with the arthritic knees of a 60 year old, and I don't imagine that improving unless drastic measures are taken. Goal: weigh what I did when I got to Germany (10 lbs to lose)

2. Make a quilt, for real this time.

3. Learn to Cable stitch.

4. Help other people learn how to sew (already in progress!)

5. Blog at least once a week.

6. Move on from people in my life/Facebook feed that do nothing except irritate me. (This may seem like a dumb thing, but I have this overwhelming fear of being thought of as mean, so I end up doing a lot of stuff that I hate. I'm over it, I'm not doing it anymore)

7. Give. I have a bad habit of hoarding the stuff I make. While I'm giving up the bad (goal 6) I'm going to nurture the good. I would ideally like to randomly give to one person per month this year.

8. Produce 1 cool photo a week. Just one. Since it's the 7th already, I'm going to call the fireworks photo number one.

9. Really really really stop biting my nails.

Why only 9? I couldn't think of anything else right now. OK! goals are now set in stone blog. Cheers!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment