Thursday, October 11, 2012

My PHD in Crafts

That's Projects Half Done, by the way. I started blogging not 2 months ago because I had an insane amount of time on my hands. I made stuff every day, and I felt like my efforts deserved a bit more than an Instagram photo on my Facebook feed. In the last 3 weeks, my free time has plummeted. 

I walk through my house, bleary-eyed in the middle of the afternoon, and all I see are projects.... incomplete projects. *dramatically falls to the floor*

Yes, I've been busy for the first time in a long time. Ok, ever.  I really have no idea where the last week went. 

Exhibit A: Almost all the way finished coin purses to donate to the thrift store. (made from the sleeves of thrifted men's shirts, of course) 

Exhibit B: The stack of jeans, half cut up into squares, that may eventually be a jean quilt. 

Then there are things that aren't even worth photographing. Like the stuffed fish that I had to gut to get the broken song box out of, that I never closed back up.  The purse pattern that I have the interfacing cut out for, but nothing else. My 3/4 yard piece of green felt that I hope I can turn into a Christmas countdown calendar with 25 individual handmade felt ornaments before December 1st. The heap of thrift store clothes, the ACU jacket scraps that need to be transformed by Oct 30th for a fundraiser, two pairs of  pants that I promised someone I would tailor for them, and have done by today....oh, and I just adopted 3 more skeins of yarn this morning. Meanwhile, I'm wearing my favorite pullover sweatshirt that has a ripped seam in the armpit that I've known about for over a year now, and never fixed. 

I'm so eager to get back into the swing of things. I just feel so off when I go this long without creating something. 

The very wonderful news, and the reason that I've been so busy, is that I have  budding social life! I've never been much of a social person, but I suppose living in this very tiny community forced me into it, and it feels good. Between mommy group, photography group, craft group, and just knowing people in general, I can't leave the house without running into someone I know. It really makes this place feel more like home. It's pretty cool. :)

---CJ 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment