Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Krakow!

I honestly can't remember the last time I was bored. I've had SO much going on the last few.... months. Whew! Our latest adventure: Krakow, Poland. 


This place is honest to goodness one of my favorites so far. It felt so homey and safe. It's a tiny town filled wall to wall with pretty things. 

I love riding in to a place at night. After 10 hours of driving, we just headed up to the apartment and went to bed. I woke up the next morning to this. 
 Here's our apartment's courtyard. It's so authentic feeling and lived in, with the super colorful laundry hanging out to dry. *swoon*

I got to hand feed, and hold, pigeons. Which is a dream come true for me, because I am weirdly obsessed with pigeons. I'm pretty sure I was one in a previous life or something. 

I went in THE most beautiful church I've ever seen in my life. St. Mary's Cathedral. 

 ...And one block from the apartment was this. the Wawel Cathedral and castle. It was really nice to have all the landmarks of a huge city in such a compact area. We got to see everything and have time to actually relax on our vacation! 

By the way, the food is to die for. I ate 5 different kinds of pierogies. Amazing. 

Our visit to this lovely place inspired my husband to embrace his Polish heritage, as I am embracing Wycinanki. It's a traditional Polish paper cutting art, and it is SUPER cool. 
This is a snapshot I took of a logo from one of the restaurants we ate at. They have been making these designs since the 1800's, but they feel so modern. I fell totally in love! I'm sure there will be wycinanki crafts to come! 

--CJ

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i got here looking for a man's shirt upcycle tutorial and found this post. So nice You liked here in Poland, maybe next time You visit Warsaw (extra 3h drive but sure worth it) :)

    ReplyDelete