Friday, June 21, 2013

The Comeback

Really, I'm not sure where the past few months went. It's all been very busy, which is a magical thing, but when I got blindsided with a cold a couple days ago (during the hottest days of the year so far) I kind of had no choice but to put the brakes on a bit. My head is starting to clear today, so tomorrow I will be back to editing photos and whatnot. But right now, my sweet little neglected blog, you will get some much needed updating. 

I think we left off with my newly acquired contract to sell  crafties at the local craft store. Let me tell you, I have been blown away with the response from the community. My amigurumi plushies seem to be in high demand! It really warms my heart to know there are other people around here that appreciate cute things that really have no purpose except being cute. Those are my favorite kinds of things. ^.^

I'm also completely shocked that the views of this blog have gone through the roof since I abandoned it! I've been getting hundreds of re-pin notices from Pinterest, and I actually scrolled through the DIY&Crafts board to see Dominic's sweet little face. I was like "hey, I know that kid!" Thank you to everyone who reads and Pins! I swear I'll do my best to update here more often! 

My newest undertaking: The Washi Dress. 
I've never really used a pattern before, so I'm nervous about this one. Also, I'm having a pathetically hard time picking out a fabric for this. Like, naming your child hard. You would think this is the last item of clothing I'd wear in my life. I think I'm going to do a dry run with a cute bed sheet my friend gave me. So hopefully I can get the fear out of my system without the possibility of killing $40 worth of fabric. I will keep you updated on my progress.

That's all for now, I suppose. Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance to share some of my pictures from our Greek cruise/ week in Rome! Yes, eventually I will do that :) 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Gah! Baby snails! Cute attack! I think I'm going to cut into another washi or two tonight. If you need any help holla!

    ReplyDelete