Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dare I Blog?

My last post was in November... Of 2013. Yikes. Sorry about that. If it makes a difference, it only feels like that was 3 weeks ago to me. I had a baby, moved across the world, and now I'm settling in to a new life in Kentucky.


I look back at my early bloggings, and they fill me with warm fuzzies, as well as a bit of hopelessness. I was in a personal sweet-spot. Dom was old enough to enjoy playing with cars all day long, I was healthy, not pregnant, I had virtually no other pressing responsibilities, and beautiful materials at my fingertips. Oh my, how things are different.



By no means am I complaining (very loudly), but Dominic spends his days at school, while the small one requires my every ounce of attention, forever. I love it, I do, I also love spending some time without tiny hands pulling my hair. Just a few minutes, here and there. You know, so I can get my hands on fabric, and do what I do, because it makes my brain feel good.


I'm currently attempting to balance giving everyone my undying, bottomless, whole-hearted devotion, and opening an Etsy shop to satisfy my need to make things (and not hoard things). Forgive me for saying this because I gag when other people use the words *dream* and especially *passionate*, but this shop has been a *DREAM* of mine for years... and it's so close to being a reality.

So, I'll leave you with that small bit of excitement, and hope to be here again before November.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cara! Hope your move went well! Congrats on the etsy shop. I hope it does really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back! I just found your blog the other day and all the posts on custom tailoring thrift store finds! Love this!! Looking forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete